announced the upcoming fall release of Espial MediaBase 10.0. The latest version of Espial’s on-demand video platform provides high performance servers for streaming, capturing and distributing adaptive bit-rate content. Service providers can provide a full range of pay-TV services to multiscreen devices including Live TV, Network Personal Video Recording, Time-shift TV and Video-on-demand services.
- Espial MediaBase 10.0 gains first mover advantage for TV Everywhere 2.0 services with support for Live TV, Network PVR, Timeshift-TV and VOD services. Operators can now begin planning for TV Everywhere 2.0 services to smart TVs, smart phones, tablets and PCs.
- Espial MediaBase 10.0 supports the capture, distribution and streaming of adaptive bit-rate content in Apple HTTP Live Streaming and Microsoft Smooth Streaming formats.
- Espial MediaBase 10.0 includes a patent-pending high performance adaptive module to maximize utilization of computing, storage and networking resources for adaptive bit rate video formats.
- Espial MediaBase 10.0 offers two server configurations: Internet Servers and Unified Servers:
- Espial MediaBase - Internet Servers:
- Powers TV Everywhere 2.0 services including Live TV, Network PVR, VOD and Time-shift TV - such as Catch-up TV and Start-Over TV.
- Delivers video services to a full range of smart devices including PCs, TVs, mobile phones and tablets.
- Efficiently manages content delivery networking for adaptive content over multi-tier implementations and to both private and third party CDNs.
- Espial MediaBase - Unified Servers:
- Provides a single platform for on-demand, RTSP/HTTP-based services to set-top boxes, home gateways, smart phones, tablets, PCs, smart TVs and other CE devices in the home and beyond.
- Powerful Content distribution networking engine support multicast distribution of both MPEG and ABR video formats.
- Delivers the simplest operations with fewer servers and the highest utilization of storage, computing and networking resources.