announces the release of the Espial MediaBase version 9.0 VOD platform. Building on proven capabilities serving millions of live IPTV and cable subscribers, Espial MediaBase 9.0 achieves breakthrough performance and extends support for cable operators.
Key new features and benefits of Espial MediaBase include:
- Exceptional performance on next-generation, commercial-off-the-shelf hardware
- Large operators can deliver up to 1,000 captures, 150 TB of storage and 265 Gbps video streaming from a single rack
- Smaller operators can achieve streaming throughput from 400 Mbps up to 37.5 Gbps with up to 100 captures on a single server
- Demonstrated high volume streaming and captures through rigorous stress tests that support 30,000 time-shift TV, Network DVR, Remote Storage-DVR and VOD sessions per hour on a simulated large system deployment
- Packet loss recovery for excellent video quality over networks with high packet loss
Unified services platform
- Single platform supports simultaneous VOD, NPVR, RS-DVR, and Timeshift-TV services (Start-Over, Catch-up, Replay and Delayed TV)
Cable back-office support
- Compliance with ISA/NGOD standards
- Integration with latest version of the OpenStream Digital Services Platform from TANDBERG Television, part of the Ericsson group
Espial has achieved a 400% performance increase with up to 37.5 Gbps streaming from a single next-generation HP or IBM server with Intel Xeon 5500 series processors and 10 Gbps Network Interface Cards. Operators can do more with less using the dramatic performance and efficiency increases from the latest multi-core Intel processors. They can improve vital day-to-day operations with better performance while using less power and space, getting higher server utilization and the flexibility to quickly deploy new services.