Aitana 200Mbps powerline chipset will drive NETGEAR’s Powerline HD Ethernet Adapter Kit. The DS2 based solution turns an ordinary electrical outlet into an HD-streaming Ethernet connection ideal for IPTV and video streaming applications and can connect PCs, DVRs, set-top boxes, and game consoles to the home network.
DS2 is the only powerline technology that supports Link Layer Topology Discovery and embedded software support for TR-069 on chip. LLTD protocol from Microsoft is intended to provide effortless, secure and reliable connectivity between devices and PCs, support new connectivity scenarios, and richer experiences for customers. Embedded software support for TR-069 remote management protocol allows Service Providers to remotely access to powerline modems for monitoring, configuring, upgrading and troubleshooting.
Delivering the most advanced powerline communications solution, DS2 has built-in automatic power saving functionality into the Aitana chipset that reduces the power consumption to a minimum when the powerline adapters are not in use and a smart repeating capability providing virtually 100% coverage to build the home network by repeating the signal through an intermediate node.
The latest DS2 chipsets and built-in Quality of Service ensure fast, high-quality, consistent performance for real-time HD video and audio streaming for a digital media adapter like the NETGEAR Digital Entertainer HD (EVA8000), or for IPTV, Internet gaming, and VoIP calls. With data rates up to 200 Mbps, large file transfers to networked storage devices like NETGEAR’s ReadyNAS Duo (RND2150) can be up to 12 times faster than previous Powerline networking products, all with automatic push button security that can be configurable to the highest grade 256-bit AES encryption.
- Up to 200 Mbps† data rates for IPTV, video streaming, and other high-bandwidth applications
- Pass-thru female power plug to provide noise-filtered power outlet
- Built-in Quality of Service for video, voice, and data
- Push-button security pairing for ease of setup and use
- Optional manual or automatic standby functionality for efficient power consumption
- Predictable and dependable network speeds
- Latest DS2 analog and digital chipsets for optimum performance, powerline-friendly — easily coexists with NETGEAR’s Wall-plugged or HomePlug compatible products
- Compatible with NETGEAR HDX101 Powerline HD Adapter