is featuring its fully interoperable 100Mbps, 200Mbps and future 400Mbps powerline communication technologies for multi-room IPTV, audio, gaming and broadband home networking and entertainment applications, at CES 2009 which opened today.
Demos at the DS2 booth showcase the full interoperability between different powerline communications home networking products, a key technical feature built into all of DS2 products. The wide range of new-to-market, DS2-based products from leading manufacturers will be on display, including:
- Bell’s Embedded Powerline Module for IPTV signal distribution, HiFi remote listening or HD video networking;
- Conceptronic´s Media Giant Pro, a network HD media player with a personal video recorder that includes a built in 200Mbps DS2 Powerline adapter to connect the home network;
- Corinex Communications' HomeNet, a Powerline adapter that creates a multimedia network in about 2 minutes;
- D-Link´s DHP-302, a new 200Mbps Powerline adapter offering easy plug and play installation QoS support for applications with real-time requirements, such as online gaming or VoIP calls;
- Icron´s USB over Powerline offers remote USB 2.0 connectivity over standard AC powerlines for home networking applications;
- Netgear´s HDX111, a pass thru female power plug saves a power outlet. Fully interoperable with HDX101, the first 200Mbps Powerline adapter.
DS2 will additionally feature a demonstration at the booth of how DS2´s 200Mbps Powerline Communication technology is used to power high-speed powerline or coaxial modems in large buildings such as hotels, where minimal disruption to normal day-to-day business during installation and whole building Internet connectivity are key requirements of the networking technology.