announces its HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset for the delivery of demanding video, audio, data, and voice applications over powerlines. The CopperGate chipset offers service providers and CPE equipment manufacturers a cost-effective, reliable, and easy method for the distribution of high-definition multimedia entertainment, including triple-play services and IPTV throughout a home. Today's announcement also makes CopperGate the first semiconductor company to support multiple home networking standards (HomePNA for coax and phoneline and HomePlug AV for powerline).
Highlights / Key Facts
- The CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset is a high-performance solution, providing up to a 200 Mbps physical layer (PHY) bit rate, and up to 110 Mbps effective throughput. The chipset is optimized to stream high and standard definition TV (HDTV and SDTV), VoIP, and other applications that are highly time-sensitive and require low latency.
- CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset offers the simple plug-and-play installation of a complete in-home network, eliminating technical support costs.
- The CG2110 Chipset contains an integrated HomePlug AV media access control (MAC) and PHY transceiver that interfaces with an external integrated analog front end (AFE). The chipset implements OFDM, channel adaptation, FEC, and noise mitigation schemes.
- The CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset is fully compliant with the HomePlug AV 1.1 specification and coexists with HomePlug 1.0.
- CopperGate also offers a comprehensive reference design kit based around the HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset to enable rapid time-to-market.