Online video site Metacafe debuted its new Metacafe Studio
. The site's newest section provides video creators with a wide range of resources and advice. Metacafe Studio's lineup includes:
- Production School - Tips including over 50 instructional videos covering all topics of video production from lighting to editing
- Production Resources - Directory with links to hundreds of the best resources available to online video creators, including copyright-free music, editing software, special effects tools, stock video footage and more
- Producer of the Day - Spotlight on highly-ranked Metacafe creators and their most popular videos
- MetacafeUnfiltered - Video series hosted by Will Video for Food's Kevin Nalty and featuring profiles of Metacafe's most interesting video creators
- Producer Rewards Showcase - Access to all submissions to Metacafe's Producer Rewards program, with an interactive leader board displaying top earners from each week, month and all-time
"Metacafe already offers producers the most inclusive and lucrative payment program in the online video industry," said Erick Hachenburg, Metacafe's CEO. "Now, Metacafe Studio improves producers earning potential by providing them with a clearinghouse of information designed to help producers of every skill level improve their videos, get exposed to the largest possible audience and reap the rewards."
Metacafe has developed a unique approach that combines a large audience, significant rewards for producers and a community panel to ensure the best videos get noticed. Any good video can rise to the Metacafe front page where it can be seen by more than 23 million viewers who visit Metacafe every month (comScore, April 2007). As a result, online video producers are increasingly turning to Metacafe as the site to earn money for their work.
Dane Boedigheimer, a Bakersfield, California producer who has so far earned $5,672 on Metacafe, noted: "As someone who has created online videos for several years, this is the first time I've encountered a resource that is accessible to everyone interested in online video, from a first timer to someone like me who is looking for advanced tips and news about what's happening in the creator community."