(IQ) announced its IP Video Quality Management System (iVMS), the first end-to-end IPTV video quality and service assurance solution. iVMS delivers a complete view into the "health" of an IPTV network never before possible with other systems. Additionally, iVMS provides rapid, practical, isolation and remote troubleshooting, enabling network operators to maintain the highest possible video quality, while helping to reduce operating expenses.
The iVMS comprises a comprehensive headend to customer premise architecture, including a turnkey server-based platform with applications that enable performance tracking and trending tools. Integrated with IneoQuest hardware probes and analyzers including Cricket, the iVMS offers the most efficient debugging solutions for IPTV networks. It also satisfies a much-needed requirement for easy integration with existing third party NMS/OSS platforms through "Northbound-Services"-- an effective notification service that enables IQ solutions integration though a standard SNMP interface.
"The next-generation of television services are expected to give consumers a highly personalized, highly integrated "on-demand" viewing experience, while enabling operators to rapidly introduce new applications," said Teresa Mastrangelo, Principal Analyst and Director of Research, Broadband Trends. "In this environment, ensuring analyzing consumer quality of experience is essential, and IneoQuest is helping deliver the measurement tools that are key to that success."
Designed to rein in rapidly increasing operating costs of existing deployments, iVMS also helps new deployments stay on budget by giving service providers the detailed, accurate information they need to rapidly and correctly direct maintenance resources to a problem source. As a single platform, iVMS enables management to review the health of the network; lets operators instantly detect problems, and gives engineers the tools they need to isolate and troubleshoot problems with unprecedented efficiency.
IneoQuest has devoted years of practical IPTV measurement and probing technology to develop a comprehensive end-to-end solution that scales to new deployments. Based on flexible FPGA technology, this solution is designed to evolve with emerging IPTV technology.
Features of the iVMS include the following:
- Turn-Key server/software
- Modular scalable design
- Real-time IPTV Network status
- Goggle Maps integration for Geographic view of probe locations
- Topological view of probe locations
- Integrates all IneoQuest hardware probes and analyzers
- Intuitive Web interface
- MDI compliant
- Long term performance trending
- Long term fault tracking (track a problem from start to resolution)
- E-mail alarm notifications
- PDF reports
- Direct access to troubleshooting tools like IQMediaAnalyzer and IQTSX
- Integrated features like IQFlowTrace and IQFlowTracking
- Central probe configuration management
- User management to direct users to the correct tools
- SNMP Northbound Services for NMS/OSS integration
- Works with all current IQ hardware (10 mbps to 10 Gbps probes)