The Online Video Content
report analyzes the factors that are inexorably leading to convergence between television and online video content.
The most popular online video content, watched by 40% or more of the US online video audience, are short pieces of five minutes or less: news clips, jokes, movie trailers, music videos, clips from TV shows and entertainment news.
As technology problems are solved, however, making the computer-television connection more viable and pleasurable for the average consumer, online video content will expand in both length and breadth, and professionally-produced material will account for a large part of the menu.
Key questions the “Online Video Content” report answers:
- Is the convergence of TV and the Internet more hype than reality?
- Why do most people prefer professional-quality video more than user-generated?
- Are today’s top video sites the best places for TV-style video content?
- When will the online video audience demographic match the overall Internet?
- How soon will the online video audience reach critical mass?
- And many others...