Organizers of TelcoTV 2011
have announced the full slate of keynote speakers for the tenth anniversary of its prestigious conference and tradeshow, taking place this year from Oct. 25 to 27 at the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. The keynote speakers, all leaders and innovators representing the full spectrum of cable, broadband, telecommunications and regulatory interests, will kick off sessions delving into some of the most critical issues facing today's media landscape. Topics include the FCC's 2010 National Broadband Plan, multi-screen TV, the future of IPTV, the changing video service ecosystem, and the impact of CDNs and cloud models, among others.
The keynote speaker lineup includes:
- Eric J. Bruno, VP Product Management, Verizon. Mr. Bruno is responsible for new product development and lifecycle management across the consumer and small business segments at Verizon's wired services unit.
- Bryan Burns, VP Strategic Business Planning & Development, ESPN. Mr. Burns leads ESPN's domestic high-definition services, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, ESPNU HD and ESPNEWS HD. He also chairs the company's interactive television cabinet, as well as a team analyzing the future of 3-D television for the company.
- Carl Russo, President and CEO, Calix. Mr Russo has more than 25 years of experience in the networking and telecommunications industries.
- Josh Seidemann, Director of Policy, NTCA. Mr. Seidemann focuses primarily on federal regulatory policy and broadband deployment for rural America. He is also a freelance contributor to various trade media on telecom and technology issues.
- Jeff G. Weber, VP U-Verse and Video Strategy, AT&T. Mr. Weber is responsible for the rollout of new features related to AT&T's U-verse television service.
TelcoTV 2011 includes four conference tracks with more than 25 educational sessions. Featured sessions include "Next-Gen Access Technologies: PON and DSL," "Minding Your Middleware: Choosing IPTV Platforms in Changing Times," "Emerging Consumer Video Preferences & the Future of TV Advertising," "Creating a Different IPTV Service in the Multi-Screen World," and "Compelling Content That Is Affordable," among many others. For a full list of sessions here
. Collocated at this year's event is Pivot Media's Cloud Services Summit on Tuesday, Oct. 25.