The final session of CONNECTIONS Summit at CES
, "Video Everywhere: Key Strategies,
" will examine market implications of TV Everywhere, VOD, and connected TVs, along with the risks of cord cutting, featuring speakers from Rovi, Korea Telecom, DivX, ActiveVideo Networks, and Sigma Designs.
International research firm Parks Associates will host CONNECTIONS Summit at CES on January 6, the first day of 2011 International CES, in the South Hall Convention Center, Rooms S206-207. The event is open to press, and a networking reception with Summit attendees and Parks Associates analysts will follow at 6:00 p.m.
"The penetration of connected TVs and Blu-ray players has tripled in the past year, and over one-third of U.S. broadband household report increased time spent watching long-form videos on a PC," said Brett Sappington, Senior Analyst, Parks Associates. "Consumer expectations for the video experience are expanding, and service providers and CE manufacturers must meet these demands or risk losing customers to competitors and over-the-top sources."
"Video Everywhere" session speakers:
- Sean Besser, VP, Business Development, Rovi Corp.
- Woo Seung Lee, Team Manager, Media Business Planning Department, Korea Telecom
- Matt Milne, EVP and GM, DivX
- Edgar Villalpando, SVP, Marketing, ActiveVideo Networks
- Michael Weismann, VP Corporate Marketing, Sigma Designs
Companies in Parks Associates' Premier Program will sponsor the networking reception at 6:00 p.m., following the Summit sessions. Premier members are ActiveVideo Networks, Gigle Networks, HCL, Intel, PacketVideo, ProVision Communications, Rovi, Sigma Designs, and Verizon Wireless.
CONNECTIONS Summit at CES provides consumer data and analysis of business and marketing strategies for operators, CE manufacturers, utilities, and communications companies delivering connected devices and advanced services and applications to consumers. Summit sessions:
- Analyst Roundtable: The Connected Home is Here!
- Operator Strategies: Video, Services, and Support
- Monetizing Connected Consumer Electronics
- Executive Roundtable: The Smart Grid and the Home Area Network
- Anytime Anywhere Entertainment & Communication - Mobile Applications
- Video Everywhere: Key Strategies
CONNECTIONS Summit at CES includes support from CONNECTIONS Europe sponsors Accedo Broadband, ActiveVideo Networks, ADB, Gigle Networks, Latens, PacketVideo, ProVision Communications, Radialpoint, Ralink Technology Corporation, Virgin Media, and Zeitera. CONNECTIONS 2011 sponsors include Association Sponsor CEA and Affinegy, Allegro, HCL, iTOK, Rovi, and Roxio.