will invite visitors to IBC 2010 (stand 5.B40) to experience the true potential of “Over the Top” entertainment. The company will showcase its Intel- powered Amino Freedom DVB-T hybrid/OTT media centre running a range of “hands-on” demonstrations capturing the powerful device’s ability to deliver broadcast TV, Video-on Demand, home media and OTT content – plus new user interfaces, gaming and applications.
The Amino Freedom, already winner of a prestigious industry award this year, features the Intel Atom processor CE4100 – and has been specially designed to help meet growing consumer demand for TV-based "Over-The-Top" video entertainment. Powered by the first generation of Intel and Nokia’s MeeGo for the TV, the powerful device has been designed to support common Internet formats such as Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight.
Amino will also launch its new “Amino Solutions” offering – a flexible, modular end-to-end solution to drive profitable, personalised and easy to manage services via the Amino Freedom platform. By partnering with best-of-breed providers, Amino Solutions supports operators and service providers to manage multiple digital formats – from ingest to consumption – in both traditional video delivery and the new era of OTT and connected services.
Key features supported include:
- A wide range of apps – including the Intel “Appup” store
- Management information system
- Content and product management
- Personalisation and recommendation
- Element management system
- Consumption data analysis tools
Another highlight will be Amino’s next generation STi7105 system-on-chip based STB range - offering new levels of performance for IPTV deployments, including:
- The Amino A129: an MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 standard definition IP STB for entry level deployments
- The Amino A140: an MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 high definition IP STB in a compact case
- The Amino A540 PVR: a HD high performance STB with integral PVR