AT&T U-verse customers will be the first to find out what animated favorites Wallace and Gromit are up to in their latest comedic escapade. AT&T and Aardman Animations announce that AT&T U-verse TV will exclusively feature the U.S. premiere of the new Wallace and Gromit short film, “A Matter of Loaf and Death.”
The film will make its U.S. debut to all U-verse TV customers on June 5, available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library. Beginning June 1, clips of the famous cheese lover and his canine friend will also appear on AT&T wireless devices through CV-Video and on http://uconnect.att.com
, a site for U-verse TV customers that features the latest U-verse TV programming and television events.
The Wallace and Gromit content available on three screens from AT&T will include:
- “A Matter of Loaf and Death” short film. Available June 5-7 for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library. Available for $4 rental beginning June 8. Rated PG.
- “A Grand Day Out”, “The Wrong Trousers” and “A Close Shave” short films. Available in the Wallace and Gromit Fun Pack (includes all three short films plus “A Matter of Loaf and Death”) for $7 in the U-verse TV On Demand library beginning June 8.
- “A Matter of Loaf and Death” making-of documentary. A 22-minute documentary on the making of the latest Wallace and Gromit short film. Available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library and on uconnect.att.com.
- Cracking Contraptions. A series of 10 two-minute short films featuring some of Wallace and Gromit’s most outrageous inventions. Available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library, online at uconnect.att.com and on mobile handsets via CV.
- “A Matter of Loaf and Death” trailer and clips from all the short films in the series will be available in the U-verse TV On Demand library, online at uconnect.att.com and on mobile handsets via CV.
CV is available on 3G handsets to customers who subscribe to an unlimited data package. Unlimited data packages are available to feature phone users for $15 per month and to smartphone users for $30 per month.
Directed by Academy Award winning Nick Park of the U.K. based Aardman Animations, “A Matter of Loaf and Death” features Wallace and Gromit, who have just opened up a new bakery to booming business, but a deadly “cereal” killer is on the loose murdering all the other bakers in the town. Gromit is worried that they may be the next victims, though Wallace seems oblivious to the danger as usual, distracted by a new love interest. Gromit soon makes a shocking discovery which points to the killer’s true identity. U-verse TV customers will find out if he can save his master from becoming the next baker to be butchered.
The Wallace and Gromit series is the latest example of AT&T delivering compelling content across the three screens at the center of consumers’ lives: the TV, PC and wireless phone. AT&T has a unique set of integrated services and networks to provide content in every genre across devices, making it easy for an audience of millions to enjoy and follow their favorite programming whenever and wherever they choose.