Visit us at IPTV World Forum - IPTV World Forum Middle East, Booth #26
enhances the value and security of pay-TV networks with advanced technologies designed to address the content protection challenges of today, and those of tomorrow. The Verimatrix 3-Dimensional Content Security approach provides a framework to enhance operator competitiveness and the consumer experience in the new world of pay-TV.
Pierre Hunter, VP of Sales, EMEA at Verimatrix, has 25 years of international business experience in the telecommunications and pay-TV industries. Most recently, he was director of business development at Irdeto where he developed and implemented the company's global IPTV commercial strategy. Hunter was also instrumental in the successful deployment of Amino Communication's set-top box solutions in the EMEA market.
Tom Pollard, director of Product Management at Verimatrix, has an extensive marketing and engineering background largely focused on mobile communications. Mont recently, Pollard was vice president of marketing for SKY MobileMedia, a leading provider of applications software platforms to the mobile handset and chipset industry. Previously, he was worldwide marketing director for Texas Instruments' Wireless Chipset Business Unit where he led the product management, strategic marketing, and wireless operator activities for TI's GPRS/EDGE, UMTS, and CDMA chipset product lines.
WHAT: IPTV Conference Session:
As part of the "Media Transformations" day, Hunter will participate in a panel session discussing whether on-demand IP video is the future of television.
The panel will address the following questions:
- The evidence suggests consumers want more on-demand -- but how much?
- What is the future for scheduled television -- and will there be any mass-audiences?
- When content is more personalised, how can media companies generate a marketing 'buzz' around new shows?
- Will IP become the defacto method for video distribution to consumers?
- How important is mobile video; do media companies need to offer content on all screens?
WHEN: Monday 3 Nov., 2008 at 3:00 p.m.
Mobile TV Middle East Conference Session:
As part of the co-located Mobile TV event, Pollard will participate in a panel discussion that will analyse the role and impact of each player in the mobile TV value chain.
The panel will address the following:
- Identifying the key players in the value chain.
- Achieving a comfortable balance of power.
- Who pays for the risk of rolling out the service?
- Technical challenges of integration with each player in the value chain.
- Ensuring all parties have the ability to generate significant revenues. WHEN: Monday 3 Nov., 2008 at 11:20 a.m.
Verimatrix Video Content Authority System -- Presentation of the global number one IPTV and broadcast video content security architecture deployed across multiple device types.
WHEN: During exhibition hours; Monday 3 Nov. - Tuesday 4 Nov., 2008
WHERE: IPTV World Middle East & Africa, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai, Booth #26