has certified an additional nine products and the first 320 Mbps chipset reference design as HomePNA 3.1 compliant, increasing the number of certified products to 26. The new certifications include ADSL and VDSL residential gateways, set-top boxes, Ethernet to HomePNA 3.1 bridges, and an iNID outdoor residential gateway/indoor Wi-Fi access point.
HomePNA plugfests are only open to HomePNA members. Newly certified products and designs include:
- 2Wire iNID VDSL2 outdoor residential gateway and indoor Wi-Fi access point units
- D-Link ADSL2+ residential gateway
- SMC VDSL2 residential Gateway and Ethernet to HomePNA 3.1 coax bridge
- Scientific Atlanta IP set-top box and IP set-top box with DVR
- SendTek Ethernet to HomePNA 3.1 phone wire bridge and coax MII module
- CopperGate 320 Mbps Ethernet to HomePNA 3.1 bridge reference design
For more information on the meaning of certification to member companies, read HomePNA’s latest blog posting at http://homepnablog.typepad.com
Certified products are listed and identified with a HomePNA logo at http://www.homepna.org/en/certification/member_products.asp
HomePNA 3.1 features high user throughput, support for remote management and diagnostics, and guaranteed quality of service to eliminate collisions between data streams. HomePNA 3.1 certified products enable service providers to reliably distribute multimedia triple play services including, HDTV as well standard definition television, video on demand, voice over IP, and Internet data over customers’ existing coax cables and phone wires . The technology helps service providers to reduce installation costs, utilize remote management and diagnostics to reduce operational expenses, and even reduce end-user costs through unified billing.