The world of next-generation communications and entertainment is expanding in the Alamo City. AT&T Inc. has expanded availability in San Antonio of AT&T U-verse services, which now include High Definition (HD) programming and other new features that set it apart from other offerings in the marketplace.
The new features, available to new and existing customers, include:
- HD technology that produces images more than twice as detailed as standard analog TV delivering rich, realistic video and multi-channel, movie theater quality sound. AT&T U-verse offers customers access to a growing lineup of more than 25 HD channels, more than the local cable providers. New HD customers can receive two months of free HD programming ($10 per month thereafter).
- Web-remote access to digital video recorder (DVR), which allows customers to schedule recordings using their AT&T Yahoo!® Internet account. This feature is unique to AT&T among local providers.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR receiver, another exclusive feature unmatched in the marketplace.
- An expanded lineup of available programming with more than 300 channels, including digital music, local, and premium movie and sports programming.
- New set top boxes, manufactured by Motorola, all of which are HD-capable and include specially-designed universal remote controls that provide backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD, DVR, and other services.
These add to an already impressive list of existing features included with AT&T U-verse services, such as fast channel changing, free wireless home networking, easy-to-use program search capabilities, and built-in picture-in-picture functionality. AT&T plans to add more channels and interactive applications in the future.
"Since we launched AT&T U-verse in San Antonio earlier this year, we've told our customers that HD was on the way," said Brooks McCorcle, vice president and general manager of the South Texas region. "Today we proudly deliver that promise of HD programming and other great new features. We will continue to bring exciting features to our U-verse customers over the next several months."
Now through March 31, qualified new customers can join AT&T U-verse and receive free TV service, including HBO® and Cinemax®, for the first two months when they choose the U300 or U400 programming package (other monthly charges apply). Thereafter, customers will continue to receive recurring monthly bundle discounts.
Customers can choose from five TV packages and three Internet packages to customize their entertainment experience. Current AT&T U-verse offers start as low as $44 per month, depending on the selected programming and Internet packages (other monthly charges apply). In addition, AT&T will offer new customers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Three packages of AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled are available to AT&T U-verse customers:
- Elite: Downstream up to 6.0 Mbps, Upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Pro: Downstream up to 3.0 Mbps, Upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
- Express: Downstream up to 1.5 Mbps, Upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
All high speed Internet packages offered as part of AT&T U-verse include wireless home networking at no charge, giving users the freedom to access online photos, streaming video, games and other information using a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage and powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software.
The deployment of next-generation video services reflects AT&T's strategy to become customers' preferred communications and entertainment provider and to deliver a video solution through its traditional footprint that provides greater value, flexibility and simplicity than competitors'; offerings. Other offerings in the company's video portfolio include AT&T │ DISH Network and AT&T HomezoneSM service, which integrates AT&T │ DISH Network and AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet.
Customers seeking additional information on AT&T U-verse – or to find out if it’s available in their area – can visit http://www.uverse.att.com/ or call 1-800-ATT-2020. In addition, customers can experience AT&T U-verse at area Cingular stores and the H-E-B grocery store at Highway 1604 and Blanco Road.