Company - MobiTV, Inc.Job - Sr. Software Engineer Encoding Team (Emeryville)
MobiTV, Inc. is the first global television and digital radio service provider for the more than 2 billion mobile phone users worldwide. The MobiTV service is available in the US through Sprint, Cingular, Alltel and several regional carriers; in the United Kingdom through 3 and Orange UK; and is also available to Canadian customers through Bell Canada, Rogers and TELUS Mobility. The Emmy Award winning service now reaches more than half a million subscribers and offers many popular TV channels from content providers such as MSNBC, ABC News Now, CNN, Fox News, Fox Sports, ESPN 3GTV, NBC Mobile, CNBC, CSPAN, The Discovery Channel, TLC, The Weather Channel and others that deliver cartoons, music videos and comedy. MobiTV also has a full line up of geographically specific channels. Founded in 1999, MobiTV is a privately-held company headquartered in Emeryville, CA. For more information on the company, its products or technology, please visit www.mobitv.com
Based in Emeryville, we offer a rewarding, fast-paced team environment with strong opportunities for professional development. We seek entrepreneurs with passion for providing best-in-class products and services to our operators. Our team impacts millions of people and tackle challenging projects alongside fun, talented and creative colleagues. Job description:
MobiTV manages a World class content ingestion infrastructure to provide media companies with the tools to import content for distribution to mobile devices. You will have an opportunity to work on this large scale, customer facing, high impact, and distributed web-based system. The system is a key piece of our back-end infrastructure because it affects the viewing experience for over a million subscribers and is responsible for over half of our video content. Job Responsibilities:
Requirements (Please do not apply if you do not have these skills):
- Design and implement a highly scalable distributed system with a database backend.
- Design and implement components to ingest and store media from content providers world wide.
- Implement a sophisticated user interface to allow for point and click content ingestion.
- Build a rich metadata parsing engine to facilitate automated ingestion of content.
- Develop software to transcode media content from broadcast formats into streaming media formats.
- Build monitoring components to allow for visualization and status checking of the functionality of the content ingestion system.
Candidates with these additional skills are highly desirable
- 4-6 years of experience developing major software products with C++, Java, or PHP.
- Experience developing database applications.
- Experience developing distributed systems.
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be enthusiastic and work well with others.
- Masters degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Development experience on Unix and PHP.
- Experience with NAS/SAN devices.
- Experience with digital video formats such as H.264, MPEG-4 and Windows Media.
- Solid understanding of Internet networking protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP)
- Experience with streaming media technologies (e.g. RTP, RTSP, MMS)
- Creative problem solving skills.
Emeryville, CA, USA Contact:
Please respond with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org