today announced that it is partnering with Telephony Magazine to host an IPTV pre-conference workshop as part of Fall 2006 VON, scheduled for Monday Sept. 11, 2006 at the Boston Convention & Exposition Center.
Focusing on IPTV Deployments, Content and Carrier Strategies, Telephony’s full-day event will feature the award-winning Telephony editorial team, and it will provide additional keynote speakers and panelists with real-world IPTV experience. The conference will highlight successful IPTV strategies, and it will dissect the network architecture, content plays, and deployment tactics that service providers seek to make IPTV part of their overall service strategies.
“IPTV is an increasingly critical part of the competitive strategies of telecom service providers and promises to change the way consumers interact with video,” said Jason Meyers, director of content development for Telephony. “The IPTV content at Fall VON will provide a clearer picture of how IPTV will shape the future of telecom for service providers, as well as technology and content developers.”
In addition to the Telephony IPTV Workshop, pulvermedia will also feature a complete conference track dedicated to IPTV, throughout the four days of Fall VON. Additional ITPV content scheduled for Fall VON includes:
- Tuning Into TV on Your Phone: discusses the rules for delivering mobile TV, and identifies the players in this growing market (Sept. 12, 3:00 PM.)
- Viewing Mediums: evaluates new DVRs, Slingboxes, gaming consoles, set-top boxes, and many other portable media devices. (Sept. 12, 4:30 PM)
- New Frontiers for High-Definition – examines the role cable companies play, and discusses alternatives for delivering HD-quality content (Sept. 13, 10:30 AM)
- Following the Money: compares consumer demands and carrier business models, revealing how money flows in the mobile video ecosystem (Sept. 14, 11:30 AM)
- Protecting Digital Rights – contrasts the different needs of content producers and distributors, and evaluates the costs of curing problems (Sept. 14, 2:00 PM).
"The combination of Telephony's IPTV content and the wide variety of sessions offered throughout Fall VON will provide attendees with the information and tools they need to address IPTV initiatives,” said Bill Sell, vice president and general manager of VON events for pulvermedia."
The 10th annual Fall VON will host a record number of attendees, exhibitors and speakers throughout the four-day event, providing the most comprehensive forum available to learn about the latest technologies, best practices and the advances being made in the converging communications industry. The VON Expo opens on Tuesday, Sept. 12th at 10:00 AM. To register for Fall 2006 VON, please visit https://secure.pulver.com/von/register.html
. Members of the media can obtain media credentials by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for speakers – Telephony is seeking thought-provoking speakers with insight regarding innovative IPTV deployments. Anyone interested in participating should contact Telephony's Jason Meyers at email@example.com.