announces its new IPTV-ready TV-301 universal media player and set-top box, now in production and shipping globally to key resellers and system operators. In support of operators seeking a low cost set-top box, Dune is offering for evaluation purposes, and a limited time, its TV-101 for $49. The Dune HD TV-101 debuted last year and won the coveted Connected TV of the Year Award from ConnectedWorld.TV in September 2011.
TV-301 Delivers Specialized IPTV and OTT Capabilities for Growing Market Demand
While the concept of IPTV seems futuristic to the uninitiated, the technology is very much a popular and growing solution embraced by manufacturers, service providers and consumers around the globe. The Dune HD TV-301 can be used by IPTV providers and operators for specialized set-top-box applications to deliver digital TV programming, VOD subscription services or specialty content in full HD (1080p) resolution. The unit supports IPTV playback and recording of streams (dependent upon availability of multicast UDP/RTP streams with a given Internet provider). The device combines an ultra-compact size including internal HDD drive with a low price-point, making it highly accessible for many consumer, professional and operator applications.
Dune HD TV-301 Robust Features, Compact Size
Dune HD's TV-301 offers tremendous technical firepower in a small product footprint:
- Widest possible range of inputs, outputs and audio-video formats, including HDMI 1.3 and USB 3.0 ports, 1080p output with upscaling, high-resolution audio (up to 192 kHz/24-bit), playlist creation and customizable user interfaces for file management.
- Upscale DVD or SD video content to 1080p.
- Connects to content from IPTV, OTT and VOD services, as well as digital terrestrial TV (via external USB module) and DNLA.
- Multiple Media Sources supported, including PC, NAS or directly attached storage devices such as HDD, USB Flash drives and SD cards.
- Multiple DRMs supported, including Microsoft DRM10, PlayReady, Verimatrix, Secure Media, Flash Access and more.
- Features Dune HD IPTV API support and middleware solution integrations from BeeSmart, Nordija and others by request.
- Dune Network Playback Accelerator with special optimizations ensuring best-in-class network playback performance for the Sigma Designs platform. Enables smooth playback of any supported media content via any network protocol (including NFS and SMB) even in 100 Mbit/s Ethernet networks.
- Sigma Designs SMP8670 Secure Media Processor. Delivering excellent playback and performance of video, audio and other interactive features.
- Compact size: 160mm x 115mm x 36mm.