announces KDDI’s launch of a new generation on-demand TV user experience powered by the Espial TV Browser and its HTML5 capabilities. KDDI will use the Mitsubishi Electric ST1100R and Espial TV Browser to provide its subscribers with a world-leading user experience for a wide range of video-on-demand and IPTV services. KDDI is one of the largest operators in Japan.
- Mitsubishi Electric selects the HTML5-ready Espial TV Browser to offer subscribers a rich, engaging, and fast user experience on their set-top boxes.
- KDDI launches one of the most compelling TV services in Japan using the Mitsubishi Electric ST1100R and Espial TV Browser to provide its subscribers with the following services:
- A full HD video and audio experience
- The LISMO Video Store service
- IPTV services
- NHK video on-demand services
- DVR recording to external HDD
- Content sharing between devices in the connected home
- Consumers can easily discover and enjoy IPTV services and large selection of content from across two different VOD catalogs including the LISMO Video Store and NHK on Demand.
- The selection of Espial TV Browser demonstrates the growing momentum of the world’s largest operators to adopt HTML5 ready browsers.
- This new TV service will be delivered over the au HIKARI high-speed fiber optic broadband line.
- Mitsubishi Electric selected the Espial TV Browser for the following capabilities: