TV watching has evolved from a handful of channels, to channel surfing — and now to interactive apps that let you watch multiple channels at the same time. AT&T
U-verse TV offers Multiview apps that let customers choose from multiple channels or camera angles and watch up to four at once, featuring everything from customers’ personalized channel favorites to sporting events. U-verse customers will soon see special Multiviews for the US Open and the Spanish-language programming package, Paquete Español.
US Open Multiview:
- With US Open Multiview on channel 661 and HD on 1661, tennis fans can watch multiple courts at once — choosing from the Tennis Channel’s main broadcast and five courts.
- The app makes it easy to follow multiple matches at the same time and is available from August 29-September 2.
- U-verse customers can also choose from five additional dedicated channels on 662-666 and HD on 1662-1666 covering live action from Grand Stand, Arthur Ashe and Louis Armstrong courts.
- Tennis fans can also enjoy a free preview of the Tennis Channel on channel 660/1660 from August 29-September 2.
- The US Open Multiview and the Tennis Channel free preview will both be available to all U-verse TV customers at no additional charge.
Paquete Español Multiview:
- Paquete Español Multiview, soon available on channel 3001, lets customers choose from up to 53 Spanish-language channels in the Paquete Español package and watch up to four at the same time.
- The app is available at no extra charge for U200 Latino and Paquete Español subscribers.
- Paquete Español Multiview is the second Spanish-language app made available on U-verse TV.
“The AT&T U-verse US Open Multiview lets viewers control what they watch at the world’s largest tennis event,” said Patrick Wilson, senior vice president, distribution, Tennis Channel. “We know tennis fans will embrace this great innovation.”
“With so many programming options these days, it can be hard to choose which channel to watch, and with AT&T U-verse Multiviews, you don’t have to,” said Dan York, president of content, AT&T. “For example, our new Paquete Español Multiview gives our Spanish-language customers a better way to follow their favorite shows at once. By eliminating the need for channel surfing, customers can spend more time watching TV, instead of flipping back and forth between channels"