continues to add customers served by its FiOS fiber-optic network in the U.S., and revenues continued to increase for strategic enterprise services worldwide. In the fourth quarter of 2010:
- Verizon added 197,000 net new FiOS Internet customers and 182,000 net new customers. By year-end, Verizon had 4.1 million FiOS Internet and 3.5 million FiOS TV customers.
- FiOS Internet penetration (customers as a percentage of potential customers) was 31.9 percent by the end of the quarter, with the product available for sale to 12.8 million premises. This compares with 28.3 percent and 11.6 million, respectively, at year-end 2009.
- FiOS TV penetration was 28.0 percent by the end of the quarter, with the product available for sale to 12.4 million premises. This compares with 24.7 percent and 11.1 million, respectively, at year-end 2009.
- FiOS revenues generated approximately 53 percent of consumer wireline revenues in fourth-quarter 2010, compared with approximately 50 percent in third-quarter 2010.
- Total wireline broadband and video revenues - including FiOS Internet, FiOS TV and HSI (DSL-based high-speed Internet) - were $1.8 billion in the quarter, up 18.4 percent from fourth-quarter 2009.
- Consumer revenues grew 1.6 percent compared with fourth-quarter 2009. Consumer ARPU for wireline services was $88.85 in fourth-quarter 2010, up 10.7 percent compared with fourth-quarter 2009. ARPU for FiOS customers is more than $146.
- Global enterprise revenues totaled $4.0 billion in the quarter, up 1.3 percent compared with fourth-quarter 2009. Sales of strategic enterprise services - such as security and IT solutions, as well as strategic networking - increased 7.5 percent compared with fourth-quarter 2009 and now represent approximately 44 percent of global enterprise revenues.
- Segment EBITDA margin (non-GAAP) was 23.5 percent, compared with 22.7 percent in third-quarter 2010 and 22.5 percent in fourth-quarter 2009, as adjusted.