announces that Optimus Clix has doubled the usage of its Time-Shift TV Services in the first 5 months of 2010. Optimus Clix is a fixed and mobile telecom operator in Portugal with a national DSL network reaching 1.6 million homes and a FTTH deployment already covering more than 200,000 households. As part of their triple-play service, customers can subscribe to Optimus Clix TV, its IPTV solution.
- Optimus Clix achieves 100% growth during first 5 months of the year on its Time-Shift TV service.
- Espial MediaBase powers on-demand TV services to Optimus Clix TV customer base over its ADSL and FTTH national network.
- The Optimus Clix TV service includes:
- over 150 broadcast television channels
- more than 3.000 video-on-demand assets
- subscription video-on-demand services
- interactive applications such as Games, Facebook, Twitter and Karaoke
- Optimus Clix is significantly investing to enhance its TV service:
- In 2009, Optimus Clix increased its VOD catalog to over 3,000 titles targeting different categories, needs and user preferences.
- Optimus Clix has signed new contracts with:
- with major studios like Disney, Sony, Warner and Paramount in 2009 and 2010 important local content providers
- TV VOD now offers the latest and most successful blockbusters in SD and HD.
- Espial MediaBase provides an open API so service providers can easily offer innovative on-demand services. Optimus took advantage of this to introduce the following new services in 2009:
- On-demand karaoke service featuring more than 400 international titles
- Restart TV a unique service in the Portuguese market, it allows customers to tune in after the start of a currently broadcast program and watch it from the beginning.