continues its strong organic growth by adding a number of globally recognized brands to its customer list in the first half of 2009. The company has expanded its client reach in each of its three regional coverage areas, Asia-Pacific and the Americas) with the addition of brands like PMT and MSN, Tabcorp (Asia-Pacific) and Citadel Broadcasting (the Americas). The new business includes deployments across a variety of industry verticals and consumer "screens" (browser, mobile handset, IPTV-enabled television set), demonstrating the company's device-agnostic approach and the breadth of functionality available through the KIT VX Video Management Platform.
The KIT VX end-to-end technology platform helps corporations and governments leverage video content and video-based marketing online, on mobile devices and on Internet-enabled television sets. KIT VX is also used for corporate video deployments, helping clients save money by deploying IP video solutions in lieu of traditional satellite or closed-circuit systems in areas like corporate communications, information kiosks, human resources and training, and security/surveillance.
Selected new client wins during the first half of 2009, where in many instances KIT digital was selected in a competitive RFP process, include:
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- MSN Europe, one of the leading online portals, engaged KIT digital to provision high quality, repurposed and localized IP video content, using KIT digital's content localization facility in Cairo;
- PMT Video, a major IP video initiative in the Russian marketplace, selected the KIT VX digital asset management system to provide a new service for the Russian consumer: video-on-demand in the home with targeted content and advertising on an open-network IPTV set-top-box;
- The municipal government of a leading European capital city engaged KIT digital to use IP video led elements to promote tourism, including 3D cinema, computer games, and themed kiosks. The deployment has already received the Gloria Musaealis award for digitalization;
- Multimedialne Centrum Bratislava selected KIT VX as the basis for a special multimedia classroom roll-out, utilizing IP video, audio, graphics, internet and traditional broadcast in the learning process.
- Sky Racing, a division of Tabcorp (one of the world's largest publicly listed gaming companies), chose KIT digital to deliver live and on-demand racing channels via the Internet, through a custom interface;
- Yellow, a division of Sensis and Asia's largest classified and business listing publisher, selected the KIT VX platform to ingest, filter and curate UGC video listings across the many thousands of Yellow advertisers;
- A major private health insurance brand selected KIT digital for an online video solution;
- Leading Australian tourism operator Spirit of Tasmania appointed KIT digital to manage future online and mobile video marketing applications through its KIT VX asset management system.
- Citadel Broadcasting, the second-largest radio network in the USA, chose the KIT VX digital asset management module for its network of over 220 sites for a further two years, citing the suitability of the KIT VX platform for multi-point publishing as a key differentiator;
- blinkx, the leading online video search engine, engaged with KIT digital in a major partnership. The deal allows KIT digital to access the blinkx technology and offer it to clients as part of the KIT VX platform. In turn, blinkx uses KIT VX as a technology backbone for the management and delivery of IP video;
- Mio.tv, a new video-led web portal for the Hispanic community in the U.S., engaged KIT digital to develop a strategy and treatments that facilitated a number of different video-viewing experiences, along with social networking interactions aligned to the video experience;
- The New York Post reappointed KIT digital as a video technology partner for an additional two years, citing KIT digital's product development roadmap, and opportunities for customization of the solution as key competitive differentiators.