New Web shows are connecting with the online youth and young adult audience, via original and interactive formats that are supported and funded by global brands.
The UK is at the cutting edge of developing original cross-media productions that encompass the Internet, mobile, television and even real-life events.
From the reality backpacking adventure of The Gap Year to the drama of launching a record label in The Secret World Of Sam King, UK shows encompass major themes including careers, relationships, travel, music, fashion and lifestyle trends.
UK Web Shows Now for the first time brings together emerging new business models, key commercial and creative partnerships, and how young Web audiences are engaging with characters, stories and sponsors in this dynamic medium.
- The first comprehensive research of British Internet comedy, drama and entertainment shows that are supported by broadcasters, social networks and sponsors
- Covers major commercial, creative and regulatory factors affecting the market
- Compare in-depth Web show profiles, with sponsorship, commissioner, producer, budget, interactive features, online broadcast schedule, background about the production process
- Analyse key data about commissioning, budgets, advertisers, investment, and production companies to incorporate Web show opportunities into your strategy
- See market growth and commissions for 2007 – 08 and production predictions for 2009
- Discover the trend for major brands to bypass broadcasters and distribute their own programmes directly via online media owners
Major advertisers include Canon, Ford, MSN, Nokia, O2, Orange, P&G, Pernod Ricard, Sony Ericsson, Sony PSP, Toyota, Unilever, Universal Music, and many more.
Production companies and commissioners include All3Media, BBC3, BBC Switch, Bebo, Channel 4, Endemol, Hammer Films, Hat Trick, ITV, MSN, MySpace, RDF Digital and Talkback Thames.
The report is 150 pages (48,000 words) with color screenshots for all major programs. As a PDF, it contains live links to Web show and production company sites. Click here to view more details