announced unprecedented growth for 2008. Key milestones achieved this year include:
- 73 commercially launched video deployments utilizing Avail Media's managed video service platform;
- Linear content affiliate base grew by more than 100 percent year on year;
- VOD business grew by more than 300 percent to more than 1 million subscribers; and
- International deployments in Guam and the Caribbean.
Avail Media continues to invest in resources and new offerings that will drive IPTV adoption for affiliates in 2009. While other providers of video services are moving away from IPTV, Avail Media's success in the market has provided a platform for further investment and expansion.
During 2008, Avail Media also expanded its relationships with key ecosystem partners through successful deployments. The company has achieved momentum in three key areas:
- Middleware: expanded relationships with vendors such as Minerva and Latens;
- Conditional Access: deployments with Verimatrix, Windevine, and Latens;
- Set-Top Boxes: relationships with Motorola, ADB, Scientific Atlanta, and Entone.
Avail Media continues to explore new partnerships and best-of-breed technology opportunities in support of its customers' deployment of end-to-end digital media services.
Avail Media works with telecommunications service providers, cable companies, and FTTH providers worldwide to provide digital, MPEG-4 IP-based video content. Avail Media delivers an extensive content library, with transport rights from the top national programmers, including ABC-Disney, Turner, NBC Universal, MTV Networks, and Fox Cable Networks. Its linear programming is complemented by its VOD rights from the major Hollywood movie studios, such as Buena Vista/Disney, DreamWorks, Lionsgate Films, MGM, NBC Universal, New Line Cinema, Paramount, 20th Century Fox, and Warner Bros. Avail Media also offers a proprietary software suite, ViewTrak™, which provides both carriers and content providers the ability to track programming activations in real-time. Avail Media's customer portal, Avail Advisor, provides the company's global affiliates with all of the tools necessary to successfully plan, deploy, and market profitable video services.
Avail Media continues to work with its ecosystem partners to develop customized solutions, ensuring minimal infrastructure changes and reasonable fees to support its own affiliates as well as those working with other vendors.