will feature live demonstrations of its BEYONDEMAND solutions at IBC 2008, including time-shifted television technology, the MediaHawk Content Delivery System and Everstream interactive data collection and reporting software. Concurrent’s Myriad Advanced Advertising Solution will also be featured in the booth display.
Concurrent recently announced a deal with ZON TV Cabo to supply the on-demand solution for the Portuguese operator’s video-on-demand expansion. This follows major win announcements in North America, including Time Warner’s Los Angeles and San Diego markets, as well as the announcement of a master purchase agreement with Cox Communications, positioning Concurrent as the sole provider of VOD server and storage technology for the third largest MSO in America.
On-demand demonstrations in Concurrent’s booth at IBC will include:
- MediaHawk 4500 video server, capable of supporting unlimited simultaneous on-demand streams over a wide array of transport networks, including HFC cable, IPTV and IP streaming networks. The MediaHawk 4500 features Gatling Resilient Streaming Technology, which automatically detects failures and instantly routes stream demands to alternate resources, thus preventing any interruption of VOD service.
- Real Time Catcher 2000, a dedicated content ingestion server which, when used in conjunction with time-shifted television applications, can ingest content and make it available for playback within five seconds of the original broadcast.
- MediaStore 2000, a high-performance storage array designed to support a wide variety of on-demand and time-shifted television applications.
- MediaCache 1000, the first in a line of storage devices based on non-volatile flash memory technology.
Concurrent’s display will also feature hands-on demonstrations of Everstream data collection and reporting products, such as:
- DataSuite, a comprehensive solution for collecting data from disparate ITV systems and platforms, scrubbing and transforming data into standardized information, and storing data within a standard data warehouse model.
- ReportOne for VOD, providing viewership metrics across all of an operator’s on-demand platforms and markets.
- ReportOne for Audience Measurement, providing a series of analytical report and dashboard templates for measuring iTV service consumption across channels and interactive applications while adhering to and protecting privacy.
- Oi, enabling operations and engineering teams to proactively manage system performance, capacity and ultimately service quality for subscribers.
Concurrent’s booth at IBC 2008 is located in Hall 5, C.35. IBC 2008 is 11 – 16 September 2008 at the RAI Centre in Amsterdam.