announced its partnership with Western Kentucky University. As part of the agreement, JumpTV will provide a web platform for WKU's college sports content as well as its One Fan Profile to enable fans to purchase related goods and services directly through the university's website.
"Athletics is an important part of Western Kentucky University spirit, and our web hosting partnership with JumpTV will deliver an exciting and entertaining experience to students, alumni and other WKU fans," said Todd Stewart, Associate Athletic Director, Western Kentucky University. "The comprehensive coverage and user-friendly interface of JumpTV's web platform will provide the best online video streaming, donation and memorabilia purchasing experience possible for Hilltoppers fans."
JumpTV's One Fan Profile includes a robust set of web tools and is unique in its ability to effectively monetize user interaction for universities. Its exclusive arrangement with Western Kentucky University will provide fans with an official athletics site, which will serve as the primary destination for all athletic-related content and information. Under this new partnership, JumpTV's offerings will include:
- Operation of online store
- Provision of advertising sales and services
- Sale of WKU merchandise via the web platform
- Distribution and/or sale of subscriptions to WKU property and licensed content via the web platform
- Conduction of online auctions
- Conduction of registrations through JumpTV event registration platform for WKU sponsored or affiliated athletic programs
- Collection of online donations
- Online broadcast of WKU athletic events and other audio and video property, including delivery of archived streams
- Online delivery of real-time official game statistics and play-by-play summaries
"Our partnership with Western Kentucky University is a great opportunity to expand the capabilities of One Fan Profile and continue to deliver the best online experience to college sports fans," said Nada Usina, President, JumpTV. "Through JumpTV's comprehensive web functionalities, we look forward to helping WKU enhance its fans' user experience and at the same time optimize the university's revenue."
The partnership will be in effect until June 15, 2013.