will showcase its market-leading and highly innovative portfolio of solutions that enable service providers to deliver ultra-high quality broadcast and on-demand video to multiple screens, including HD television sets, PCs and mobile devices. Harmonic’s comprehensive range of solutions includes video stream processing, edge and access systems, and software for the video delivery chain, from content creation and ingest to distribution and delivery. Taking place in Amsterdam from September 12-16, IBC is the leading television industry event in Europe, attended by broadcast, cable, satellite, telco and other service providers from around the world.
Featured demonstrations will include:
- Comprehensive solutions for creation and delivery of high quality real-time and on-demand video to a variety of devices (TV, PC, personal media players, cars, and mobile phones)
- Full frame rate 1080p MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) high definition encoding (50 frames per second)
- Distributed statistical multiplexing featuring mixed codec pools of SD/HD channels in various resolutions
- Content creation, distribution and delivery for on-demand services
- A universal edgeQAM solution for VOD, modular cable modem termination systems (M-CMTS), IP cable, switched digital video (SDV), broadcast and edge encryption applications
- Fiber-deep HFC transport and RF over glass (RFOG) solutions
- MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-2 advertisement insertion
Harmonic’s Rhozet universal transcoding solutions will be on display at stand #7.J11 as well as at the main Harmonic booth.
Industry experts from Harmonic have been selected to speak at technical conferences on Thursday, September 11. Patrick Waddell, Manager of Standards and Regulatory, will share his expertise on “Quality Issues in IPTV” during a session in association with IEEE BTS at 9:30 AM. David Price, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing Communications, will participate in the MPEG Industry Forum Master Class; he will moderate a session titled “Show Me the Money” at 10:50 AM and then participate on a panel session at 4:50 PM.
In addition, a Harmonic customer has been selected as a finalist for an IBC Innovation Award. Multimedia Polska, a leading service provider in Poland, has been honored for that country’s first commercially available cable/IPTV VOD service, powered by Harmonic. With 20 years of experience in developing high performance video technology solutions, Harmonic continues to be the preferred provider for the world’s largest and most innovative video service operators.