has unveiled its groundbreaking new online platform for men. The totally redesigned site, launching on Friday, May 30, offers visitors a new cutting-edge look and feel. Spike.com
will feature deeper content channels, a high resolution and full episode video player and advanced social networking. In addition, the new site will feature a slate of original content including a development deal with Playboy.com
The site marks the full integration of two popular MTVN Web properties: SpikeTV.com
and viral video pioneer IFILM. Announced last year, the merger of the two sites into a comprehensive, social multimedia experience with a "Spike Editorial Filter" is designed to further strengthen the network's reach to the coveted 18-34 male demographic.
The new Spike.com offers video programming in such male-oriented categories as Viral Videos, Girls, Games & Gadgets, Wheels, Movies and TV, UFC and Music. The site's newly assembled editorial team will delve into each of these categories to deliver information and entertainment that engages visitors in new and compelling ways. To further enhance the video viewing experience, Spike.com features an extra large high resolution video player.
The site features the new Spike.com full episode player, which allows users to watch their favorite Spike TV shows on a high resolution (600k), 16:9, in-page player with commenting, sharing and embedding capabilities. Popular Spike TV shows available for online viewing include "Pros vs. Joes," "DEA" "Murder," "Factory," "GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley," "Wacked Out Sports" and "I Bet You Will."
The full episode player is just one of the many site features that offer corporate partners new, unique and dynamic sponsorship opportunities. Other venues for marketing and promotions on the site include skins, roadblocks, wallpaper, group pages, photo galleries, interstitial ads, profile pages and end-of-play spots.
Leveraging Spike TV's on-air promotional power and the large and avid Spike.com audience, the combined traffic gives sponsors access to millions of impressions under the Spike brand.
Advanced social functionality is also key to the new Spike.com. Users have the ability to build a social experience around their favorite content by adding friends, writing blogs, messaging users and commenting on other users' pages -- all from within their own new advanced profile pages.
Spike.com will feature a slate of exclusive original online content for its May 30 launch including:
- Spike.com and Playboy.com development deal to co-produce original digital programming. The new digital series (name TBD) will be shown on Spike.com and Playboy.com.
- The UFC's Evan Tanner Exclusive Blog. Evan Tanner, the charismatic and talented MMA fighter has signed a deal to share his thoughts and views with the Spike audience. Tanner's unfiltered weekly blog will be featured in the new UFC channel on Spike.com. Tanner began his professional mixed martial arts career in 1997 and is a former UFC Middleweight champion. He is scheduled to fight Kendall Grove at the upcoming "The Ultimate Fighter 7" finale on June 21.
- "The MMA Girls": These beautiful girls really know their stuff -- so when Spike.com says don't mess with them, they mean it. The popular series of demonstration videos show guys the specific moves used in mixed martial arts. "The MMA Girls" has become one of the most popular originals on Spike.com and will be featured in the new UFC channel.
- "The Crew": Possibly the most insane group of videos ever made -- featuring wild parties, power sports, mini-bike riding, street stunts and, of course, beautiful women. "The Crew" is the epitome of unrestricted masculinity.
- "James Rolfe -- Cinimassacre": Rolfe, better known as his character, "The Angry Video Game Nerd," will produce an exclusive series of videos reviewing classic guy movies in his "special" style. Rolfe has a huge online fan base and is among the all time Top 10 Most Subscribed Channels on You Tube