releases the Personal Video Recorder enabled AmiNET530, at NXTcomm 2007 in Chicago. At booth #2023, Amino will showcase the AmiNET530 as a fundamental component of a service provider’s multiplay strategy, by offering cutting edge, high quality on-demand, IPTV, PVR, gaming and HD services to end-user consumers using MPEG-2/4 codecs.
The AmiNET530 is a next-generation IPTV Set-Top Box that provides the ability to decode low bit-rate MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) video streams and is capable of supporting HD video and graphics. With PVR functionality, the AmiNET530 can act as a hub for all the services and applications used for playing, recording and streaming video – it also includes Amino’s reliable, cross-platform IntActTM client software that ensures compatibility with an extensive range of middleware and conditional access systems.
The AmiNET530’s video on demand feature gives consumers the ability to select and view video content in an interactive, real-time setting. This feature, combined with the product’s PVR capabilities, meets the ultimate demand from consumers today—freedom to make their own choices.
“NXTcomm is the perfect place for us to unveil our most advanced product yet. Surrounded by leaders from around the world seeking the best in the converged communications industry, we have the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to excellence with the development of technology that connects the consumer to the expanding universe of IPTV services and devices,” said Rick Sailor, VP Sales Americas at Amino. “We also understand that service providers face the challenge of reducing customer churn, increasing ARPU and offering its customers access to content anytime and anywhere. The AmiNET530 not only meets this demand, but also gives providers the peace of mind knowing they have a competitive advantage – IPTV HD MPEG-4 PVR support from the most experienced and innovative company in the market.”
The most notable features of the AmiNET530 are the following: PVR functionality
– The flexibility of features such as pause and play of live TV, instant record and instant replay are key buying requirements for consumers and a significant factor for service providers seeking to reduce churn. The AmiNET530 also offers the ability to schedule recording of multiple HDTV streams simultaneously, unlike traditional cable or satellite PVRs which are restricted by the number of tuners they include. High definition
- The support of HD video offers an exciting and dramatic viewing experience, with greater realism and detail especially in large display formats. In addition to HD video the AmiNET530 also supports HD graphics, which offers the service operator the ability to display more information on the screen. The AmiNET530 provides the opportunity to add value to the consumer and create new revenue streams with personalised services such as weather forecasts, stock quotes, or targeted advertising. More channels to more people
- The support of low-bit rate advanced video codecs provides operators with the opportunity to grow revenue generating services while maximising the efficient use of network bandwidth, creating the ability to reach a greater number of subscribers, increase the number of available interactive and multicast channels, and enhance the viewing experience with HD channels. Low cost deployment
– The AmiNET530 uses high performance single chip technology for economical deployment of leading edge services. Proven reliable platform
– The AmiNET530 leverages the established and proven wide range of integrations with industry leading partners, on Amino’s proven IntAct IPTV client software platform. Amino will use its established partnerships with leading technology providers to accelerate the growth and profitability of evolving IPTV services. Flexible platform
– The AmiNET530 plays a pivotal role in home entertainment system. Its flexibility will ensure it meets consumers’ future requirements.
Amino’s customer base has grown steeply - its STBs have been deployed and trialed in over 80 countries worldwide. In April 2007, ABI Research declared Amino the world’s leading seller of IPTV STBs for the second consecutive year. This accolade recognises Amino’s expanding footprint in emerging markets, as well as within the growing US market.