, setting the standard in content security technologies that enhance the value of pay-TV networks, announced the availability of ViewRightT PC Player for IPTV operators. ViewRight PC Player provides a fully interactive viewing experience over broadband-connected PCs within the subscriber's home. Verimatrix's new ViewRight PC Player is an integrated component of the Video Content Authority System (VCAS) and provides the same level of content security and revenue protection as with dedicated set-top box (STB) equipment, giving operators and consumers more viewing choices to suit their lifestyles. Verimatrix will be demonstrating ViewRight capabilities at IBC2006 Hall 4, Booth 199.
ViewRight PC Player is a complement to the deployment of dedicated STBs in IPTV systems. IPTV operators that deploy VCAS content security systems will be able to offer consumers a highly-secure video player for home PCs that enables desktop access to the same range of broadcast and Video-on-Demand (VOD) content that is available in their living room. ViewRight PC Player also integrates the unique Verimatrix VideoMarkT user-specific watermarking technology. This patent-pending forensic watermarking extends the realm of anti-piracy measures by enabling the tracing of unauthorized copies of content back to the time and place of piracy.
"Service providers and their video subscribers will benefit from h aving a secure method to offer premium content via a PC, which has not been available until now," said Jeff Heynen, directing analyst at Infonetics Research. "With ViewRight PC Player, service providers can deliver video content to their subscribers' PC with the same security previously available only to set-top boxes. This type of technology will facilitate the rollout of new video services and enable the goal of viewing content anywhere at any time."
ViewRight PC Player seamlessly integrates with system middleware allowing service providers to have the same look and feel of the services program guide for selection of available broadcast channels and VOD browsing and purchase functions. It also enables access to Personal Video Recorder (PVR) and nPVR features as available in each system deployment.
"Consumers are demanding more ways to view content, and a combination of STB and PC clients offers increased revenue opportunities for service providers that can deliver this flexibility," said Bob Kulakowski, CTO of Verimatrix. "ViewRight PC Player fully leverages the subscriber's home network to efficiently create a multi-screen home. Leading-edge technologies like ViewRight PC Player will help make IPTV offerings more attractive and competitive when compared to other networks, while maintaining the highest standards of content security."
Key Features of ViewRightT PC Player
- Enables Standard Definition and High Definition MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 content decode and display.
- Supports all trick play modes and functions available from major VOD server systems.
- Designed to be comprehensively branded to match operator and system requirements, including interface language and run-time "skinning."
- Rapidly integrates with major middleware systems to offer dynamic program guide information for multicast channels together with library browsing and purchase support for VOD content.
- Provides automatic network update functions for decryption a nd watermarking that minimize potential for theft of service or analog signal piracy.
- Fully supports Verimatrix's patent-pending GeoAuthenticationT and QuantumIDT clone detection technologies.