Research and Markets has announced the addition of Screen Digest's latest report: European IPTV: Market Assessment and Forecasts To 2009 to their offering.
European IPTV: Market assessment and forecasts to 2009 is the latest report TV analyst Daniel Schmitt. In it he considers the increasingly competitive arena of Pay TV and the opportunities for IPTV operators in sixteen European markets. The analysis is supported by historic and forecast data covering IPTV penetration, subscribers and market share as well as detailed data and analysis on Cable, Satellite and Free-to-air TV.
The report includes a European overview and individual country chapters covering: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. Each chapter contains an overview of the TV market and detailed analysis of current and soon to be launched IPTV services. These services are appraised for their offering, their technology choices and their performance to date, with a view to their outlook during this critical period of development in the IPTV space.
- In the first six months of 2005 the number of subscribers to European IPTV services has increased by 66%
- France is the biggest of Europe's IPTV markets and will still be in 2009 by which time there will be 2.4 million subscribers
- IPTV growth rates over the next five years will see this new platform have a significant impact on most European Pay TV markets
- In 2004 eight new IPTV services were launched in Europe, this is the highest number so far.
- This report address questions such as: What are the key factors in determining a countries potential for IPTV growth?; Where is IPTV currently having the most significant impact on the pay TV market and, what are the prospects for individual IPTV operators?
In the report:
- 16 European country profiles
- Overview of Pay and Free TV landscape
- Analysis of individual IPTV operators
- Historic and forecast data for IPTV by operator and market
- Appraisal of the networks and technologies used by individual operators
- Key findings
- Tables & charts
- IPTV launches per year
Markets and operators
Tables & charts:
Country profiles of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
- IPTV subscribers by country (mid 2005)
- Cable TV penetration by country
- Pay TV penetration by country
- IPTV penetration of TV households by country
- IPTV penetration of pay TV households by country
- Digital cable TV penetration by country
- IPTV penetration of broadband
- Internet households by country
- Broadband Internet households
- IPTV operators by service offering
- IPTV subscribers by operator
- IPTV operators' technology choices
Topics Covered in each country include: Overview, Free-to-air TV, Satellite, Cable, DTT, IPTV operators.
For more information click here.