Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "2Q10 Set Top Box Database Update
" report to their offering.
In-Stats Set Top Box Database tracks STB unit shipments, revenues, and average selling prices by technology and region of the world. It covers all four major STB technologies: cable, satellite, telco IPTV, and digital terrestrial TV. Set top box shipments are updated quarterly.
Latin America and Europe Only Worldwide Regions Forecast for Set Top Box Shipment and Revenue Increases in 2010
In 2Q10, worldwide total STB revenue declined by 6% from the previous quarter while shipments declined even more. Shipments for HD-capable STBs and DVR-enabled STBs were up slightly over 1Q10, contributing to a slightly higher selling price. For the remainder of 2010, only Latin America and Europe are forecast to show any gains in revenue or unit shipments.
Recent research data from In-Stat shows the market leaders in 2Q10 shipments of STBs are:
- Cisco, Motorola, and Pace were the market leaders in cable STB shipments.
- Echostar, Humax, Pace, and Technicolor were market leaders in satellite STB shipments.
- Cisco, Motorola, Netgem, and Samsung were market leaders in IPTV shipments.
Recent In-Stat research, 2Q10 Set Top Box Database Update covers the worldwide market for set top boxes. This research tracks:
- Set top box unit shipments, revenues, and average selling prices on a quarterly basis.
- Operator segmentation for cable, satellite, telco IPTV, and digital terrestrial TV.
- Regional segmentation for North America, Europe, Middle East/Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
- Functional segmentation for high-definition, standard definition, and digital video recording.