announces the availability of Espial MediaBase 9.1. The newest version of Espial’s flagship video-on-demand delivery platform, Espial MediaBase 9.1 helps provide improved video quality, extends cable MSO support and dramatically increases storage capacity with COTS technology.
- Espial MediaBase is the first VOD platform to implement bandwidth reservation using Resource Reservation Protocol. RSVP support allows a VOD session to reserve end-to-end network resources and bandwidth. This provides a guaranteed Quality of Service to viewers which reduces operational costs due to service calls and increases brand perception with improved customer satisfaction.
- The RSVP solution has been well integrated and validated with Cisco’s RSVP implementation in the network on their flagship access and aggregation platforms and has been proven to enrich the quality of experience for video flows.
- Combined with its existing packet loss recovery capabilities, Espial MediaBase is now the leading platform in guaranteeing video quality for operators and subscribers.
- Espial MediaBase dramatically extends its storage capacity per server to 320TB and streaming capacity to 40 Gbps using the next generation of COTS hard drives from HP and other commercial-off-the-shelf COTS vendors.
- Espial MediaBase is integrated with Ericsson OpenStream Digital Services Platform version 5.0. This integration includes support for the RTI (Real Time Ingest) feature. This allows cable operators to offer Time Shift TV and TV on-Demand services within seconds of a broadcast program going to air.
This enables cable operators to offer TVoD service for subscriber retention and additional revenue streams.
- Espial MediaBase extends its leading content delivery networking capabilities with support for the ISA-based, multi-tier architecture in Ericsson OpenStream Digital Services Platform. This optimizes the service efficiency and network bandwidth and content storage utilization for targeted content delivery