Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "IPTV Services - Advantages of FTTx. Key issues for Operators
" report to their offering.
The relationship between IPTV and FTTx is at the heart of this report which explores operators key strategies through a detailed examination of their offerings. An analysis of existing technologies, combined with national market conditions allows us to understand the motives behind innovative solutions and the respective issues inherent in the development of IPTV services and FTTx networks.
- Why is IPTV among the first services capable of stimulating investments in FTTx networks?
- Does fibre alter the IPTV market? Can it be a means for operators to adapt to the IPTV markets evolution?
- What impact is fibre expected to have on IPTV services?
- Is fibre better suited than xDSL technologies to deliver the IPTV services of today and tomorrow?
- Can IPTV help generate a return on fibre rollout costs by helping to increase ARPU?
- IPTV + fibre: what is the winning strategy for telcos?
Germany, South Korea, Spain, USA, France, Hong Kong and Norway
For each of the operator examined:
- Key figures
- The companys IPTV and/or fibre strategy
- Service creation and launch dates
- Innovative IPTV over FTTx projects
- IPTV over FTTN offers
- Description of the service
- TV services as part of bundles
- Number of channels included in the package
- Additional services and options
- TV services benchmark: ADSL, FTTN