, a leading provider of client IPTV middleware and applications, and Amino
, leading IPTV software and consumer premises equipment provider, today announced that they have partnered to provide innovative IPTV set-top box technology for Allin Interactive
. This combined IPTV solution includes Espial EvoT running on top of the underlying Amino's IntAct IPTV software platform to provide a seamless operating system and middleware environment enabling a rich and highly responsive user experience.
Allin Interactive, a leader in application development and systems integration services for interactive media, has been developing ITV systems in a variety of industries for over 10 years for customers such as Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Costa Crociere, the Mayo Clinic and Royal Caribbean International. Allin will utilize the set top box technology from Amino and Espial in its second generation digital ITV platform. Allin will introduce this technology to the market at a March industry tradeshow, SeaTrade.
With this unique combination of software from Espial and Amino, along with the Amino AmiNET110H set-top box, Allin can develop customized ITV solutions that can be easily developed and rapidly deployed. In 2005, more than 340-million dollars in revenue were transacted over Allin ITV Systems. To ensure continued success for Allin, Amino and Espial products can help to decrease time-to-market costs with low-cost set-top boxes with extremely responsive, rich user interfaces.
"This new set-top box technology from Espial and Amino is a great contributor to the improvements we will introduce with our second generation digital ITV platform" said Allin Interactive Managing Director Doug Tempero. "The Espial/Amino technology provides a performance and price mixture that we believe is unmatched in the industry. This has allowed us to develop innovative applications that will contribute to the exceptional viewer experience users of our second generation digital platform will realize, while also reducing our implementation time and offering the flexibility and cost effectiveness we need."
Espial Evo, using its IPTV middleware framework and unlike solutions based on Web browsers, delivers an exceptionally fast consumer experience by eliminating performance penalties such as progressive page loading and page flips. In addition to this unique client IPTV middleware framework, Espial Evo includes applications such as Electronic Program Guide, Video on Demand, Portal and Settings.
"Having a comprehensive ITV solution that is compact, extensible and highly customizable allows Allin Interactive to lower costs and improve their ITV viewer's experience" said Ella Mar, Senior Vice-President Operations, Espial. "By integrating Espial Evo on the Amino software and set-top box, operators can easily build interactive and customized services that will attract viewers and increase revenues."
"The Espial Evo application framework and toolkit enables our customers to develop their own user interfaces very rapidly without the architectural limitations, large memory footprints and slow u ser response times that traditional browser-based routes have previously imposed," said Paul Fellows, CTO, Amino. "Espial Evo makes full use of the proven Amino "IntAct" software platform, enabling customers with a first-class, complete, top-to-bottom solution for the IPTV set-top box which hits the sweet spot of cost, time to market, and performance." About the Amino AmiNET110H:
About Espial Evo:
- AmiNET110H is designed to be both discrete and robust. The slim-line, black case can be mounted under a desk or counter top, and is designed to discourage unauthorised removal.
- For prestige environments, where a completely non-visible installation is required, the AmiNET110H has a connection for a compact remote IR sensor. This is mounted close to the guest-room TV, allowing the AmiNET110H to be installed completely out-of-sight behind a cabinet or partition.
- The AmiNET110H is compatible with the SmartPort and MPI interfaces found on leading brands of hospitality TVs.
- Espial Evo provides highly-customizable network-efficient data-driven applications for Electronic Program Guide, Video on Demand, Portal and Settings. It is an extensive application feature set coupled with a level of responsiveness that is unparalleled in the IPTV industry.
- Espial Evo provides a framework for operators and system integrators to easily develop new applications.
- Espial Evo provides standards-based design capabilities to produce application UIs that are graphically rich, with smooth animations and transitions
- Lower deployment costs with Espial Evo's complete IPTV client solution that can scale from low-cost, resource-constrained designs to higher-end, memory-rich devices.
- With Amino's software platform for IP set top boxes and any server middleware vendor (i.e. streaming video servers, EPG servers, encoders) operators can easily integrate with Evo's open architecture and documented, easy to use APIs.